Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011: A New Year, New Hope

2010 was quite a productive year for me. Among other things, I worked hard on the draft of my second book; learned how to use music software to write piano arrangements of my favorite hymns; undertook studies of creation theology, English literature and astronomy; grew corn, tomatoes, watermelon and cilantro in my garden, some of which I dried and put away for the winter; learned how to take care of ducks; had my computer's hard drive replaced; churned out a few articles about healthcare, the elections and solar flares; joined Twitter; and learned how to upload YouTube videos to my blog. I'm thankful to God for all the good things He gave me this past year.

2011 promises to be an even better year. After being dead for two years, my dad's irrigation design and drafting business is starting to come back. When things get busier I'll be able to help him with the business. My dad designs irrigation systems, mostly for residential areas; his main client is a landscape architect in southern California. In addition to helping him as needed, I look forward to continuing my studies, writing and music writing.

I think it was in a post last January that I said I'd report the results of niche marketing for my book on terrorism. Well, the result is that there was very little interest in the book this year. I'm sure that there are a number of reasons for this, including the difficult economy, an unpleasant subject matter, and a decline of interest in the subject of American foreign policy since the Bush administration passed on. Yet regardless of how many people buy the book, it contains an important message for the American people about what terrorism is and how to combat it, and how some of our politicians have deceived us regarding the true nature of "Islamic" terrorism. Should anyone be interested to read it, the book -- America's Back-Door Enemy: Unmasking the Unknown Terrorists -- is still available from Tate Publishing here as well as on Amazon.com and other book sites. You may also find the book at your local library or bookstore; check and see if they have it.

Details about my second book are coming soon.

May God bless you in 2011!

No comments: