Thursday, June 1, 2017

Quote of the Day

"The Day of the Sun is the day on which we all gather in a common meeting, because it is the first day, the day on which God, changing darkness and matter, created the world; and it is the day on which Jesus Christ our Savior rose from the dead. For he was crucified on the day before that of Saturn; and on the day after that of Saturn, which is the Day of the Sun, He appeared to his Apostles and disciples, and taught them these things which we have also submitted to you for your consideration."

--Saint Justin, First Apology, ca. A.D. 155

2 comments:

goshenizer said...

Happy Feast Day Justin, thank you for this important understanding of the symbolism of the Sun. St. Justin was a bit of an astronomer too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Justin.
I hope you see this at some point. The website is rather clunky in terms of navigation.

My name is Gregg. My last name would be familiar to you, I believe.
I'd like to connect.

gwark@bellsouth.net